Debt Arbitrators Are A Scam

Issue not resolved

I received a letter in the mail May 2013 from a company calling themselves Debt Arbitrators (DA) located 15851 Dallas Pkwy Ste 600 Addison, TX 75001 phone number 1-800-400-6750.They claimed I had credit card balances in excess of $25,000 that they could settle for me through mediation for $14,250 by sending in monthly payments of $445.83.

The odd thing is they addressed it to my maiden name and I have zero credit card debt. All of my cards combined wouldn't even amount to $25,000 even if I maxed them all out. Google searched the company and discovered they are a scam. They use the name of legitimate law firms to trick people into sending them money, but the law firms have no knowledge of these contracts.

If you get one of these letters with a seasonal catalog beware.If you call the number do not agree to sign up for anything or they will take your money and do nothing for you.

d5ba8a4 review #411559
42 Helpful? 0
Had the same issue1 Comments7 Report
Had an experience with Debt Arbitrators?  Submit review about this company
JerzeyBob

2 days ago Hightstown, New Jersey

Just had an experience with these great scammers! Here is the email I received from the very nice salesman, after he hung up on me 3 times! They failed to mention the 22% they collect from hard working people like myself! If you want to cancel you can call the 1800 number which is 800-249-4207
Kevin Green
Credit Specialist
972-202-5219 Direct
800-249-5808 Toll-Free, EXT 5219
866-349-1208 Facsimile DISCLAIMER: This communication is being provided for informational purposes only and the contents of this communication are not legally binding and do not change the terms of service described in any Service Agreement or its disclosures. We are not a law firm and do not provide legal advice. Furthermore, we are not a credit repair service and do not provide credit repair services. This communication (including any attachments) is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or legally protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. Although every attempt is made to ensure the information included in this communication is accurate and timely, the information is presented "as is" and without warranties, either expressed or implied. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the original communication. Please be advised all telephone calls to or from the Company
... Show more

2 days ago

All is well for me closed out my bank account, and learned a valuable lesson.

Willnotbescammed

Dec 11, 2013

They are definitely a scam and I reported them to US Postal Inspection: https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx

raygun

Sep 27, 2013 Fort Worth, Texas

Here's what I rec'ed from DA, 15851 Dallas Pkwy Ste. 600, Addison, TX 75001; 1-800-500-0204. Ref#: BKD-15508; Est. creditor balance: $15,000 (very convenient amount); Projected settlement offer: $8,550; They mentioned a 2013 summer catalogue (something I never heard of) and a "Est. program pmt.: $335. As of last May of this year, I retired at 69 and went on SS Benefits. Soon after these threats started arriving. It's funny because I paid off all of my credit card bills in May. All I have is a mortgage, a vehicle, utility and living expenses. No cards have been physically stolen but the numbers could be. Definitely a scam. GSR, Fort Worth, TX.

Fooled by Debt Arbitrators

Sep 17, 2013

This is a SCAM. Unforgettably I fell for it and lost $1,000.00! The woman that tries to sign you up when you call is Lorie Magner (972-202-5294 or 800-500-3861). Do NOT fall for this SCAM!

Willnot bescammed

Dec 11, 2013

So sorry you got scammed. I received a smilar letter and reported them to the US Postal Inspection at https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactus/filecomplaint.aspx

not a fool

Jun 19, 2013

Received one in the mail today do not owe anything they stated i pay my bills every month so i know its a bs scam to get my persoonal info.

0 0 Reply

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.